What should I ask my personal injury lawyer in Hauppauge?
- Do I have a case?
- Your initial foray into your entire situation should likely start with the simple basics. Before even getting yourself started into the process, you’ll want to make it abundantly clear as to whether or not this case is even worth your time and effort. By engaging in a free consultation with our personal injury lawyer in Hauppauge, you can have the answer to this question. Our staff at Birzon & Associates has been working with the Long Island community of Suffolk County for several years. Certainly, we can differentiate your case between a pursuable one and a non-pursuable one.
- Will I have to go to trial?
- Naturally, each and every case is different. For those who have not sustained a serious injury, your interest is likely in an effort to reach some form of settlement in order to obtain compensation for your troubles. For severe cases, ones in which serious injury has occurred, you’re likely looking to maximize your case and obtain compensation by going to trial or reaching a highly valuable settlement. Whatever the situation, our personal injury lawyer in Huntington can determine your case outlook during your consultation and offer legal guidance for what will likely be developing over the coming months.
- How long will a lawsuit take?
- Most lawsuits can take several years to be resolved. Essentially, it depends on all of the legal ramifications that are involved in this particular situation. Lawsuits vary depending upon what the case is and how large the damages are that have been accrued. Some lawsuits could be settled in an abbreviated timeframe while others that go to trial could be more progressive and extend into a long period of time and effort.
- How long do I have to file a claim?
- Ordinarily, most accident cases require a three-month timeframe until you’re able to file a claim. Otherwise, the court may dismiss your case. This is why it’s vital to avoid negligence and stay on top of your situation. We understand your time is precious, so instead, we advise you to contact a personal injury lawyer in Hauppauge from our staff at Birzon & Associates.
- Should I accept the insurance company settlement?
- Settlements are often a huge aspect of personal injury lawsuits. If you’re unsure about your situation and feel that you deserve a higher sum, consult with our personal injury lawyers in Hauppauge. We can assess your situation and offer guidance in regards to where we think your case could develop. If accepting the settlement is the correct route, we will advise this for you as well.
Contacting a Personal Injury Lawyer in Hauppauge
Birzon & Associates has served the Suffolk County community for decades by combining strong legal representation with a personalized approach. For more information on how you may contact a member of our personal injury team, please visit our website.