Long Island Ferry, Boat, and Watercraft Accident Lawyers
Birzon, Strang, and Associates represent seriously injured Boating accident victims in and around Long Island Sound, the South Shore of LI, Smithtown, Suffolk and Nassau Counties, and throughout New York City which involve the Port Jefferson Ferry and the New London ferries, NYC water taxis, cruises, boat tours, jet skiing, and other recreational water activities in and around Long Island and NYC waterways, including The Long Island Sound, Long Islands East End, New York Harbor, the East River, and out into the South Shore of LI into coastal Atlantic Ocean waters.
Watercraft accidents are often catastrophic, leading to severe lacerations, bone fractures, hypothermia, paraplegia, brain injury, carbon monoxide poisoning, and even death, often due to drowning.
Many boat crashes are caused by events beyond our control, such as inclement weather, congested waters and otherwise hazardous waterways. However, in spite of these navigation and weather challenges, a responsible and properly trained boat captain or other boat operator and crew will ensure their vessel is properly equipped and in good working condition, and will be educated and sober enough to know how to respond in the event of the unexpected. When that doesn’t happen, it can be grounds for a negligence action.
Our Smithtown, Suffolk and Nassau Counties, LI law firm specializes in all kinds of boating accidents, including:
- Airboat & Hovercraft Accidents
- Cabin Cruiser Accidents
- Canoe Accidents
- Center Console Runabout Accidents
- Cruise Ship Accidents
- Yachts and Pleasure Craft Accidents
- Ferry Accidents
- Fishing Charter accidents
- Jet Ski Accidents
- Water Skiing Accidents
- Wake boarding Accident
- Wave Runner Accident
- Passenger Ship Accidents
- Personal Water Craft Accidents
- Recreational Boating Accidents
- Sailboat Accidents
- Tour Boat and Sightseeing Ride accidents
- Tender Accidents
Common Causes of Boating and Watercraft Accidents
- Boating under the Influence of Drugs and Alcohol (BUI)
- Attempting to Navigate Hazardous Waters
- Boat Malfunctions
- Boater Safety Law Violations
- Boaters’ Responsibility for Own Wake (Excessive Wake)
- Boating in Restricted Areas
- Defective Boats or Equipment
- Defective or Nonexistent Safety Devices
- Poor Weather Conditions
- Reckless and Negligent Boating
- Falls On-board the vessel accidents
- Defective or nonexistent rescue equipment
- Boat drive distraction
- Excessive Speed
- Propeller Injury/Jet Thrust Accidents
- Failure to Properly Dock the Boat
- Failure to Keep a Lookout for Other Boats, People or Objects in the Water
- Failure to Provide Proper Fire Extinguishers
- Inadequate Boat Maintenance
- Inattentive or Careless Operators
- Failure to properly maintain and service the marine vessel
- Lack of Boater Education
- Negligent Operation of a Vessel
- Propeller Injury/Jet Thrust Accidents
- Operator Intoxication, Fatigue or Distraction
- Operator Inexperience
- Personal Watercraft Violations
- Reckless Operation of the Watercraft
- Safety Equipment Violations
L.I. & NYC Ferry and Water Taxi Accidents and Your Legal Rights
Ferries and water taxis on Long Island provide and often enjoyable and necessary way for employees to get to work and tourist to see Long Island and NYC from the waterways and to get to tourist attractions such as the Statue of Liberty and others as they navigate and move between the various NYC boroughs, islands, including, Nassau and Governors Island, as well as providing transportation between New York and New Jersey, except when an accident occurs, leaving commuters and travelers hurt and confused. Ferries are common carriers, meaning they are public modes of transportation to which different, more stringent laws apply. Common carriers are required by law to use a high degree of care to keep passengers and crew members safe. The personal injury boating and watercraft attorneys that Birzon, Strang, and Associates, also represent seriously injured victims that have been injured en route to or from common LI ferry destinations across Long Island Sound and the East End of Long Island, such as:
- Bridgeport & Port Jefferson Steamboat Company, Port Jefferson, LI, NY
- Cross Sound Ferry, Orient Point, LI, NY
- Davis Park Ferry Co., Patchogue, NY
- Fire Island Ferries, Bay Shore, NY
- Sayville Ferry Service, Sayville, NY
- North Ferry Company, Shelter Island Heights, NY
- The South Ferry Company, Shelter Island, NY
L.I. Lawyers Representing Work-Related and Non-Work-Related Boating and Watercraft Accident Victims
- Free Boat, Ferry, or watercraft accident personal injury consultations. We work on your injury case on a contingent fee basis, which means that you will only pay legal fees if we win your Boat, Ferry, or watercraft related accident case. Please give us a call today at 631-265-3100 so that we could help you.
- Our personal injury Boat, Ferry, and watercraft accident lawyers are always available to give you updates and answer any questions that arise, regarding your Boating accident case and services being done on your behalf by our Long Island, NY personal injury Boat, Ferry, or watercraft accident law firm.
- Our dedicated and successful personal injury accident lawyers specialize in all types of accident cases, resulting in serious injuries, whether or not the accident was work related.
- Our lawyers work as a team and we work hard to finish your Boat, Ferry, or watercraft crash and/or Ferry Terminal or Dock accident case in a high quality expeditious manner to get you the financial compensation and other help that you are entitled to.
- As you consider a Suffolk and Nassau Counties, LI, NYC, personal injury law firm, for your ferry, boating, cruisline, or ferry or cruise line passenger terminal related accident, our very experienced attorneys would like to give you a free consultation to discuss the many issues involved in your accident case and how to best go about getting you the money you deserve for your serious physical injuries, or, unfortunately, wrongful death of a loved one.
Representing L.I. & NYC Boat, Ferry, or watercraft Accident Victims Since 1991
- NO FEE GUARANTEE – UNLESS WE WIN YOUR BOATING ACCIDENT RELATED ACCIDENT CASE!
- Birzon, Strang, & Associates is a very experienced & successful L.I. Personal Injury Boating Accident Law Firm.
- We have won over Fifty (50) Million Dollars in verdicts and settlements throughout Suffolk, Nassau, and NYC.
- We have been practicing personal injury law in Smithtown, LI, NY, for almost 30 years and we treat our clients like family and our accident cases as if they were our own.
- Hiring an award-winning top rated law firm like Birzon, Strang & Associates, you can rest assured that you are in the good hands of people who care.
- We are conveniently located in Smithtown, Long Island, NY, and on Lexington Ave., Manhattan, NY. Home and hospital visits can be arranged and we will come to see you regarding the Boat, Ferry or watercraft accident in which you sustained serious personal injuries.
Long Island & NYC Boat, Ferry, or watercraft Accident Lawyers
L.I. Lawyers Serving All of Long Island and New York City
The Birzon, Strang, & Associates personal injury law practice is focused on Boat, Ferry, or watercraft accident victims throughout LI & NYC. We concentrate all of our extensive legal skills, Boat, Ferry, and watercraft personal injury experience, medical experts, boating accident reconstruction and other experts and resources to maximize your recovery of damages relating to your boating accident. We will, free of charge, investigate your accident claim to determine liability and find all potentially liable parties and hold them responsible for your boating accident, which responsibility often does not just include the owners of the boats, ferries, or cruise ships,, but also those responsible for any defects in the designing of the boats, parts manufacturers for possible defects in parts and equipment, maintenance providers, and even any government agencies, and other parties, responsible for such things as inspections, design, maintenance, and construction of the Boats, Watercraft, Cruise Lines, and Ferries, including passenger terminals, and other areas where accidents occur, as well as any vehicles and/or contributing causes of the accident.
OUR WATER CRAFT BOATING ACCIDENT INJURY LAWYERS GET RESULTS FOR L.I. and NYC ACCIDENT VICTIMS
At our Suffolk and Nassau County Boating Accident Personal Injury Law Firm, we make bringing a personal injury case on your behalf, very easy.
- First you tell us what happened, and tell us what your concerns are, about your Boat, Ferry, or watercraft accident that occurred on Long Island Sound, the South Shore of Long Island, Montauk and Orient Point, or in waterways throughout NYC and we go over and complete any required forms you may have to full out, including those from local government, NY State and Federal regulators. We also gather police reports, take photos, get medical records, and gather and other information when available, and further investigate while locating witnesses to build a strong Boat related accident case based on extensive experience and proven strategies, supported by our investigators and expert opinions, as is necessary.
- Our Personal injury Boat, Ferry, or watercraft lawyers will fight for every penny that you are entitled to for your serious injuries that resulted from the Boating accident, causing serious physical injury.
- As we go through every step of the accident claim process, you can count on us to treat you with respect and compassion, while we keep you updated on your personal injury matter as it progresses through the legal system, resulting in a settlement or trial.
- Our initial consultation is absolutely free and you will not pay a penny for anything, including legal work and expenses related to investigating your accident, unless we win your Boat, Ferry, or watercraft accident case.
Our Suffolk County Boat Accident Lawyers Will Get You the Compensation That You Deserve
When you or somebody you care about has been injured in a Boat, Ferry, or watercraft accident the bottom line is getting justice, by getting the compensation you deserve, so you can heal — while also ensuring financial security for you and your family. We have Won over 50 Million Dollars for Seriously Injured New York City Personal Injury Accident Victims. At Birzon, Strang, and Associates, since 1990, we have proudly served personal injury accident injury clients in Suffolk, Nassau, and throughout Long Island. While we have established a track record of success, the only thing that really matters is what we can do to help you. Our commitment to our clients is to get them, whether through obtaining a personal injury settlement or verdict at trial, or getting you your workers compensation benefits if you or a Ferry or Transport ship captain or someone who works for the ferry or cruise ship company that was injured on-the-job. If you are a Ferry, cruise line, or Cargo ship operator that was injured due to the negligence of another, other than your employer, you may be entitled to bring what’s called a third-party-liability-claim, against them. Our law firm will handle both your worker’s compensation claim and your third-party accident claim.
It Costs You Nothing to Investigate Your Boat or Related Accident & Learn About Your Options
At Birzon, Strang, and Associates, we give you 100 percent of our attention, consideration and effort, 100 percent of the time, which that is how we plan to get you 100 percent of the compensation you deserve when you have been injured as the result of someone else’s negligence or careless behavior, whether on a ferry or cruise ship, or port, dock, or terminal. To schedule a free consultation with one of our skilled boating accident personal injury attorneys, and if you are a dock worker, boat operator, driver, or other worker at a port, terminal, or dock, workers compensation attorneys, as we handle both third-party-accident cases and workers compensation claims, please contact us online or call us at (631)517-1822. We arrange Home or hospital visits. All of our injury cases are taken on a contingency basis— so if we don’t win, you don’t pay a dime! That’s our guarantee to you!
Get the Money That You Deserve For Your Boat, Ferry, or Watercraft Accident
At Birzon Strang and Associates, we give our clients one hundred percent (100%) of our attention, consideration, resources, and effort, throughout your boat accident related case, which is how we plan on getting you all of the compensation from your Boat, Ferry, or watercraft accident that you deserve, from whatever source, when you have been injured as the result of someone else’s careless behavior and negligence. Don’t lose your opportunity to bring a boating accident personal injury claim due to your failure to timely act, by scheduling a free accident consultation with one of our Boating accident personal injury attorneys, by contacting us online or by calling us at (631) 517-1822. We have offices in Smithtown, LI, and Lexington Ave., in Manhattan, NY. We also arrange Home or hospital visits when necessary. Take advantage of our “No Fee Guarantee”. All of our injury cases are taken on a contingency basis — so if we don’t win, you don’t pay a dime! That’s our guarantee to you!