Construction and Warehouse Forklift Accident Lawyers Serving Suffolk County L.I.
Personal Injury Forklift Accident Lawyers Serving the LI & NYC Area
The personal Injury Forklift accident Lawyers at Birzon, Strang & Associates have decades of experience in handling of on-the-job personal injury claims as well as workers compensation Forklift accident claims throughout Long Island. Our law firm is proud to have served seriously injured forklift operators, by bringing forklift accident cases and workers compensation claims on their behalf. These forklift truck accident injury claims have resulted in multi-million dollar verdicts and settlements, over the years, throughout New York State, and throughout Long Island. Forklifts are used for lifting heavy loads, often in confined areas, to move material, industrial and other products, and anything else one might find in warehouses, buildings, shopping centers, schools, medical centers, retail stores, infrastructure projects, and in many other commercial settings, such as construction sites. These forklift operating areas, often involve working in confined spaces, with narrow aisles, carrying heavy loads which are lifted high into the air. Often the forklift operation in an industrial setting, scaffolds, ladders, elevated power tools and equipment, the presence of instructions and debris, loading docks, temporary platforms, high power electrical lines can provide ample opportunities for forklift operators and others in the forklifts area to get seriously injured, causing forklift truck related serious personal injuries, and sometimes, unfortunately, even death.
The New York forklift industry forklift operators and workers are required to acquire licenses, permits, and safety training, and to adhere to certain safety rules and regulations while operating forklifts, which if not properly followed, can cause forklift truck accidents. Additionally, improperly operated or maintained forklifts can cause serious personal injuries from forklift related accidents in the workplace. Pedestrian workers and employees are most often the victims of Forklift accidents. Most forklift accidents can be prevented if OSHA requirements related to forklift ownership and operation are followed. On Long Island and throughout New York, if one is injured while operating a forklift, on-the-job, in the normal course of your employment, through your own actions, or those of a co-worker, you are covered by workers compensation, which your employer is required by law to provide. For example, if your employer is a warehouse company, operating a forklift, that would entitle you to workers compensation benefits, which in fact, often does not cover all your medical and other related expenses.
However, if you received personal injuries from a forklift accident that was caused by the negligence or careless behavior of someone other than your employer or co-worker, for example, if someone was working at a warehouse and the brakes on a forklift owned and operated by another contractor, was overloaded, and rolled over causing you a fractured leg, they could be liable in a personal injury forklift accident injury case, for injuries that you sustained in your accident, and you may also be entitled to file a personal injury claim against the forklift company through what is known as a third-party-liability claim.
You can file a personal injury claim for your injuries sustained in forklift accident, in addition to collecting workers compensation. This allows you to recover damages including pain and suffering, loss of consortium and other compensation that is not recoverable under New York workers compensation laws.
Common Causes of Forklift Area Accidents
- Forklift Tipping over
- Employees or Pedestrians Being Hit by Forklifts
- Loads Falling off the Forklift
- Improperly Using the Forklift to Elevate People
- Accidentally Driving the Forklift off the Loading Dock
- Failing to Have the Necessary Tools for Safe Forklift Operation
- Failing to Use Warning Systems for Mobile Equipment
- Failure to Adequately Perform Forklift Maintenance to Avoid the Malfunctioning of Brakes, Hydraulic Transmission and Steering
- Missing or Malfunctioning Forklift Safety Devices Such As Rollover Protection Systems
- Improper Workplace Design for Operating a Forklift Such As Narrow or Crowded Aisles, Vision Obstructions, Poor Lighting, and Loud Noise
- Missing Forklift Attachments or Devices
- Employees Struck by Falling Load
- Employees Struck by Powered Forklifts
- Forklift job site safety violations
- Failure of the Operator to Properly Control the Forklif
There are human factors that sometimes contribute to forklift accident injuries, such as:
- Improperly trained forklift operators or drivers that stop, turn, and park improperly, also contribute to forklift accidents, failing to communicate with pedestrians around the forklift, providing rides and playing around on the forklift.
- Pedestrian employees often work under fast-paced, stressful conditions, as they move quickly around to meet orders or complete projects, which can, and unfortunately do, come into contact with a forklift, causing them serious personal injuries, such as crushed limbs, musculo-skeletal, spinal cord, brain injuries. Unfortunately, forklift accidents occasionally result in wrongful death
Prevention of Forklift Accidents
- A forklift load may be too heavy, may be unstable, or may obstruct vision, creating conditions for an accident. The forklift truck itself may be in poor condition because of inadequate maintenance. Mechanical failures like malfunctioning brakes and clutch can create unsafe driving conditions for the forklift operator and can endanger other workers.
- Without adequate training in safe forklift operation, a forklift operator may adopt poor techniques such as dangerous turning and backing methods, improper parking, and failure to warn others about the presence of the forklift nearby. Failing to properly communicate between forklift operators and pedestrian employees, and visitors, while a forklift is being operated, especially in a confined space, also leads to accidents.
- As your attorneys, Birzon, Strang, and Associates, can explain your forklift accident options in detail. We are here to help you, whether you were injured as a driver operator, pedestrian worker, or as a visitor to a place where a forklift caused you serious personal injury.
L.I. Lawyers Representing Non-Workplace and Workplace Crane Accident Victims
- Free construction forklift accident personal injury consultations. We work on your injury case on a contingent fee basis, which means that you will only pay legal fees if we win your forklift accident case. Please give us a call today so that we could help you.
- Our forklift accident lawyers are always available to give you updates and answer any questions that arise, regarding your accident case and services being done on your behalf by our Long Island, NY personal injury law firm.
- Our dedicated and successful construction forklift accident lawyers specialize in all types of accident cases, resulting in serious injuries, whether or not the accident was work related.
- Our lawyers work as a team and we work hard to finish your personal injury matter in a high quality expeditious manner to get you the financial compensation and other help that you are entitled to.
- As you consider a Suffolk and Nassau Counties, LI, NYC, construction accident law firm, our very experienced attorneys would like to give you a free consultation to discuss the issues involved in your construction forklift accident case and how to best go about getting you the money you deserve for your serious physical injuries, or, unfortunately, wrongful death of a loved one.
Serving L.I. & NYC Accident Victims Since 1991
- NO FEE GUARANTEE – UNLESS WE WIN YOUR CASE!
- Birzon, Strang, & Assocates is a very experienced & successful L.I., Personal Injury Construction Accident Law Firm.
- We have won over Fifty (50) Million Dollars in verdicts and settlements throughout Suffolk, Nassau, and NYC.
- We have been practicing personal injury law in Smithtown, LI, NY, for almost 30 years and we treat our clients like family and our accident cases as if they were our own.
- Hiring an award-winning top rated law firm like Birzon, Strang & Associates, you can rest assured that you are in the good hands of people that care.
- We are conveniently located in Smithtown, Long Island, NY, and on Lexington Ave., Manhattan, NY. Home and hospital visits can be arranged and we will come to see you.
At our Suffolk and Nassau County Forklift Accident Law Firm, we make bringing a personal injury case on your behalf very easy.
- First you tell us what happened, and tell us what your concerns, about your Construction forklift accident or other type of forklift construction accident that occurred on Long Island or throughout NYC.
- We then gather police reports, OSHA safety records, and other information when available, and further investigate your case and find witnesses to build a strong accident case based on extensive experience and proven strategies, supported by our investigators and expert opinions, as is necessary.
- Our construction accident injury attorneys will fight for every penny that you are entitled to for your serious injuries that resulted from the forklift accident causing you serious physical injury.
- As we go through every step of the construction accident or forklift accident claims process, you can count on us to treat you with respect and compassion, while keeping you updated on your personal injury matter as it progresses through the legal system, resulting in a settlement or trial.
- Our initial consultation is absolutely free and you will not pay a penny, unless we win your construction accident case.
Our Suffolk County Forklift Accident Lawyers Will Get You the Compensation That You Deserve
When you, a family member, or someone that you care about has been seriously injured in a construction forklift accident, due to the negligence of a co-worker or another, you want justice to be served, by getting you the financial compensation that you deserve, so you can heal as much as possible from your serious personal injuries — while we also work to ensure financial security for you and your family, both now and in the future. We have Won over 50 Million Dollars for Seriously Injured Long Island Personal Injury Construction Accident Victims. At Birzon Strang and Associates, LLC, Since 1991, we have served construction accident victims in Smithtown, Suffolk and Nassau Counties, LI and throughout New York City. Our highly rated award winning construction accident law firm has helped secure some large settlements throughout NY, helping us to establish a history of success in representing our clients. It is our pledge and commitment to you that we will fight hard for you and get you the compensation that you deserve, whether through obtaining a personal injury construction accident settlement or getting you your workers compensation benefits, or both.
Investigate Your Construction Forklift Accident for Free
At Birzon Strang and Associates, LLP, we give our clients one hundred (100%) percent of our attention, consideration, resources, and effort, throughout your case, which is how we plan on getting you all of the compensation from your construction forklift related accident that you deserve, from whatever source, when you have been injured as the result of someone else’s careless behavior and negligence. Don’t lose your opportunity to bring a personal injury accident claim due to your failure to timely act, by scheduling a free accident consultation with one of our construction accident injury attorneys, by contacting us online or by calling us at (631)517-1822. We have offices in Smithtown, LI, and Lexington Ave., in Manhattan, NY. We also arrange Home or hospital visits when necessary. Take advantage of our “No Fee Guarantee”. All of our injury cases are taken on a contingency basis — so if we don’t win, you don’t pay a dime! That’s our guarantee to you!