Construction Accident Lawyers Serving Seriously Injured Construction Workers
Personal Injury Construction Accident Lawyers Serving the LI & NYC Area
The Personal Injury Construction Accident Lawyers at Birzon, Strang & Associates have decades of experience in handling thousands of on-the-job personal injury claims, as well as, worker’s compensation construction accident claims. Our law firm is proud to have served seriously injured construction workers, by bringing construction accident cases and workers compensation claims on their behalf. These injury claims have resulted in over 50 million of dollars in verdicts and settlements, over the years, in Smithtown, Suffolk and Nassau Counties, LI and throughout NY.
As you look around Long Island and surrounding areas, the increase in the construction and remodeling of homes, warehouses, office buildings, shopping centers, schools, places of worship, medical centers, parking lots, county and city transit centers and infrastructure road and other projects. This construction often involve the use of heavy equipment, including large transport trucks, cranes, and various scaffolds, ladders, power tools and equipment, toxic chemicals, demolition equipment and explosives, high power electrical lines, welders, forklifts, and of course safety equipment, each of which, if not utilized properly, is often the cause of construction worker accidents and even construction accident related wrongful death. Our Construction Accident Lawyers are experts in handling these types of serious injury cases
Birzon, Strang & Associates, Smithtown, LI Accident Lawyers Specializing in construction Accidents that result in injuries to construction workers and others nearby, causing them to sustain serious personal injuries and unfortunately even death
Construction requires safety measures and great caution, because it often requires the use of construction tools and explosives which is not utilized correctly could cause projectiles, shrapnel, fires, dangerous airborne toxins, swaying and shaking of buildings and other structures, causing those on temporary and unsecured structures such as scaffolds, ladders, and other work structures to fall, as well as, loosening of building materials, debris, and workers tools, which also can cause items to fall causing a danger to other workers, and the general public, and other pedestrians at or near the areas that they are working.
The reasons for most of these construction accidents are due to a failure to comply with established safety measures, defective equipment, improper use of equipment and other work site neglect by foremen and others in charge. Our Suffolk County, LI law firm is proud to have served seriously injured Long Island construction workers, by bringing construction accident cases on their behalf. Construction worker related injury and wrongful death claims have resulted in Billions of Dollars’ worth of verdicts and settlements, over the years throughout Long Island. As construction accident attorneys at Birzon, Strang, and Associates, we will help you get the compensation that you deserve.
The Long Island and New York City Construction Industry requires workers, contractors and others working or managing the work site to get permits, licenses, and safety training, and to adhere to certain safety rules and regulations on the construction job site, along with certain safety equipment to fulfill those safety requirements, which are designed to protect the public and workers at or near the construction zone from being hurt while performing construction work, which safety rules, regulations, and procedures, if not properly followed, often result in worker or pedestrian physical injury, including catastrophic brain, neck, and spinal cord injuries, and unfortunately, even death.
Common Causes of Construction Area Accidents
- Scaffolding and ladder collapses or falls
- Crane Accidents
- Explosion Induced Scaffold, Ladder, and Temporary Platform, Collapses or Falls
- Construction and Heavy Equipment related accidents
- Construction and Heavy Equipment Violations
- Defective Construction Equipment
- Defective Construction Tools and Equipment
- Falling Objects Caused by the Explosion
- Exposure to Toxic Chemicals and Substances
- Failure to Properly Use Construction Safety Equipment
- Lack of Overhead Protection at the Construction Worksite
- Crane Wrecks
- Falls from High Places Due To Explosions
- Construction job site safety violations
- Falls from Scaffolds, Ladders, and Temporary Platforms
L.I. Lawyers Representing Non-Workplace and Workplace Construction Accident Victims
- Free construction accident personal injury consultations. We work on your injury case on a contingent fee basis, which means that you will only pay legal fees if we win your construction accident case. Please give us a call today so that we could help you.
- Our construction accident lawyers are always available to give you updates and answer any questions that arise, regarding your accident case and services being done on your behalf by our Long Island, NY personal injury law firm.
- Our dedicated and successful construction accident lawyers specialize in all types of accident cases, resulting in serious injuries, whether or not the accident was work related.
- Our lawyers work as a team and we work hard to finish your personal injury matter in a high quality expeditious manner to get you the financial compensation and other help that you are entitled to.
- As you consider a Suffolk and Nassau Counties, LI, NYC construction accident law firm, our very experienced attorneys would like to give you a free consultation to discuss the issues involved in your construction accident case and how to best go about getting you the money you deserve for your serious physical injuries, or, unfortunately, wrongful death of a loved one.
Serving L.I. & NYC Accident Victims Since 1991
- NO FEE GUARANTEE – UNLESS WE WIN YOUR CASE!
- Birzon, Strang, & Assocates is a very experienced & successful L.I., Personal Injury Construction Accident Law Firm.
- We have won over Fifty (50) Million Dollars in verdicts and settlements throughout Suffolk, Nassau, and NYC.
- We have been practicing personal injury law in Smithtown, LI, NY, for almost 30 years and we treat our clients like family and our accident cases, as if they were our own.
- Hiring an award-winning top rated law firm like Birzon, Strang & Associates, you can rest assured that you are in the good hands of people who care.
- We are conveniently located in Smithtown, Long Island, NY, and on Lexington Ave., Manhattan, NY. Home and hospital visits can be arranged and we will come to see you.
At our Suffolk and Nassau County Construction Accident Law Firm, we make bringing a personal injury case on your behalf very easy.
- First you tell us what happened, and tell us what your concerns, about your Construction accident or other type of construction accident that occurred on Long Island or throughout NYC.
- We then gather police reports, OSHA safety records, and other information when available, and further investigate your case and find witnesses to build a strong accident case based on extensive experience and proven strategies, supported by our investigators and expert opinions, as is necessary.
- Our construction accident injury attorneys will fight for every penny that you are entitled to for your serious injuries that resulted from the construction accident causing you serious physical injury.
- As we go through every step of the construction accident or construction accident claims process, you can count on us to treat you with respect and compassion, while keeping you updated on your personal injury matter as it progresses through the legal system, resulting in a settlement or trial.
- Our initial consultation is absolutely free and you will not pay a penny, unless we win your construction accident case.
Our Suffolk County Construction Accident Lawyers Will Get You the Compensation That You Deserve
When you, a family member, or someone that you care about has been seriously injured in a construction accident, due to the negligence of a co-worker or another, you want justice to be served, by getting you the financial compensation that you deserve, so you can heal as much as possible from your serious personal injuries — while we also work to ensure financial security for you and your family, both now and in the future. We have Won over 50 Million Dollars for Seriously Injured Long Island Personal Injury Construction Accident Victims.
At Birzon Strang and Associates, LLC, Since 1991, we have served construction accident victims in Smithtown, Suffolk and Nassau Counties, LI and throughout New York City. Our highly rated award winning construction accident law firm has helped secure some large settlements throughout NY, helping us to establish a history of success in representing our clients. It is our pledge and commitment to you that we will fight hard for you and get you the compensation that you deserve, whether through obtaining a personal injury construction accident settlement or getting you your workers compensation benefits, or both.
The construction accident attorneys at Birzon, Strang & Associates have almost 30 years each of experience in representing construction workers for their serious work related injuries sustained by them on the job, both in their workers compensation accident claims, relating to construction accidents, and also their Third-Party Claim, against someone not related to the accident victims employer. These accidents can happen to construction workers who are conducting construction work which often involves such things as building or maintaining personal residences, erecting and maintaining new buildings, and other large structures, such as airports, mass transit terminals, bridges, factories, warehouses, , industrial plants, removal of industrial tanks, and excavation of land to clear and prepare construction areas to remodel or construct new buildings, construct or rebuild roadways and overpasses, and other construction projects.
Investigate Your Construction Accident Fall from Heights Injury for Free
At Birzon Strang and Associates, LLP, we give our clients all of our attention, consideration, resources, and effort, throughout your case, which is how we plan on getting you all of the compensation from your construction related accident that you deserve, from whatever source, when you have been injured as the result of someone else’s careless behavior and negligence. Don’t lose your opportunity to bring a personal injury accident claim due to your failure to timely act, by scheduling a free accident consultation with one of our construction accident injury attorneys, by contacting us online or by calling us at (631) 517-1822. We have offices in Smithtown, LI, and Lexington Ave., in Manhattan, NY. We also arrange Home or hospital visits when necessary. Take advantage of our “No Fee Guarantee”. All of our injury cases are taken on a contingency basis— so if we don’t win, you don’t pay a dime! That’s our guarantee to you!
ACT FAST & CALL US NOW! DO NOT LOSE YOUR CHANCE TO BRING A LAW SUIT FOR YOUR SERIOUS PERSONAL INJURIES: Personal injury accident claims against any Long Island County, or local government entities in NYS including the MTA (Mass Transit Association), and others, have different filing requirements that an accident victim must follow in starting a personal injury lawsuit against private defendants. To preserve your right to bring a lawsuit for your personal injuries, accident victims must comply with special rules, including the filing of a written formal notice of Claim (NOC) within 90 days of the incident, the only exceptions being catastrophic disability or death.
As construction accident attorneys who also practice workers compensation law, we have the experience and expertise to coordinate any cases and/or claims for you no matter where you live or in what New York State county, city or town you sustained your construction accident injury.
Additional Consideration under New York’s Labor Laws
New York provides additional protection for construction workers under several sections of the State Labor Laws. These include:
- Section 200 may make a property owner or contractor liable for an injury that occurred as a result of a hazardous condition of which they were aware or should have been aware.
- Section 240, called the “scaffold law,” states that a contractor or property owner (excluding owners of single- or two-family private homes not in direct control of the work being performed) is responsible for providing proper and non-defective safety devices to protect workers who perform their jobs from an elevated position.
Section 241-6 states that property owners and, in some cases, general contractors are responsible for providing a safe working environment, including safety equipment, and cannot delegate that responsibility.
As your attorneys, we can explain your options in detail. We are here to help you, whether you were injured as a construction worker or as a visitor to a construction site. Contact an experienced New York construction accident attorney Today! To schedule a free consultation to discuss your legal options, please contact us online or call us at 631-265-6300. We are also available to make home or hospital visits.